Sunday 9 June 2013

First Scan and Wrap up of First Trimester

Went for my first scan, to check heart activity of my baby, about a week ago. When I was around 6 weeks and a few days.

But my baby in my scan was over 9 weeks old! I did a recheck scan by a senior sonologist and by that also I am atleast 3 and half weeks ahead of my dates! So when I was crying hoarse in March, I was pregnant, without any symptoms. OK, some fatigue and a massive appetite, but largely unaware!

Glad I stayed away from antibiotics and cough remedies during my fever and cold in April!

So today I am 11 weeks, just a week and first trimester is over!

Highlights of the first trimester

  1.  Nausea and sickness, not too overwhelming but certainly there
  2.  Increased hunger, but inability to eat much at one go
  3.  Aversion to stuff I otherwise enjoy- tea, pakoras, sea food
  4.  Craving for sweets and tangy stuff
  5.  Fatigue and somnolence- especially after work. On weekends, I'm largely sorted
  6.  Rarely ever any mood swings. I think my hubby has more mood swings than me these days. 
  7. Lot of pampering, largely excused from cooking at home. Hubby is more attentive to small needs like getting water, getting me marie biscuits by the bedside and generally caring!




No comments:

Post a Comment